Do you want to get involved behind the scenes?
The role will include:
· Act as a point of contact for volunteers – communication
· Liaise with existing volunteers with respect to their current roles and with a view to succession planning
· Support the recruitment and induction of new volunteers.
· Match volunteer skills and aspirations to key roles
· Maintain up to date records of volunteers and ensuring that any relevant paperwork is completed
· Identify ways that volunteers can best be recognised and valued for their contribution to Special Olympics Suffolk
· Liaise with the National Volunteer Office who will provide regular updates and communications.
· Report to the Steering Group on volunteering matters
Volunteer Competition Coordinator
The role will include the following tasks:
· Act as a point of contact for competition organisers
· In conjunction with individual sport leads help identify competitions which will be hosted by SOS on an annual basis – competition calendar
· Support competition planning for individual sports including as required attendance at planning meetings – also review of competitions
· Support / provide generic advise where necessary to competition organisers on areas such as sanction applications and promotion including VIP invitations, Press Releases, website and facebook
· Signpost competition organisers to appropriate potential support from outside their sport
· Report to the Steering Group on competition matters
If you are interested in this role please contact Terry McEntee (Chair of Special Olympics Suffolk) on 07775557784 or email@example.com
O O O
Local Volunteering Opportunities
Special Olympics Suffolk are always looking for volunteers, either as part of the Action Group on a long term basis, or as part of our invaluable volunteer network who help out at events. If you’re interested in volunteering, please get in contact.
O O O
Inclusive Badminton Session!
An exciting new project aims to give residents in Ipswich with a disability the opportunity to play badminton in a relaxed and welcoming setting.